For All Buyers & Merchants
For Guaranteed Merchants
For Bonded Merchants
buySAFE Guarantee - Benefits Terms and Conditions
What does the buySAFE Guaranteed Seal mean?
buySAFE has inspected this merchant, monitors their performance daily, and allows them to post the buySAFE Seal on their website. buySAFE Merchants are certified to be reliable, stable and able to fully perform on all their terms of sale. Wherever you see the buySAFE Seal, you can feel confident that you're visiting one of the best merchants on the web.
What is a buySAFE Guarantee?
buySAFE Guaranteed Merchants have partnered with buySAFE to provide their buyers with additional peace of mind on every purchase. When you buy from a buySAFE Guaranteed merchant, you receive at no cost to you a buySAFE Guarantee with your purchase that includes the following benefits:
- $10,000 Identity Theft Protection. Comprehensive ID theft coverage for 30 days. Your identity is protected and you have access to free professional ID theft remediation services for the next 30 days. Coverage applies for all online and offline identity theft, wherever it occurs, up to $10,000. Some restrictions apply...
- $1,000 Purchase Guarantee. Get what you paid for, or your money back. All the terms of sale for your purchase are guaranteed, including product authenticity, up to $1,000. Some restrictions apply...
- $100 Lowest Price Guarantee. If the same store's published price drops, we'll pay you the difference, up to $100. Some restrictions apply...
NOTE: Some benefits may not be available from all stores and benefits maximum coverage may vary. Refer to the store’s website and click on the buySAFE Seal or check your guarantee confirmation to verify benefits availability, maximum coverage and currency.
To receive these benefits, your buySAFE Guarantee must be authentic and valid. buySAFE reserves the right to require more information from you and/or the merchant in order to authenticate your buySAFE Guarantee.All benefit claims must be made within thirty (30) days of the date of purchase in order to keep benefits, even if all the terms of sale are not yet fulfilled. Once a valid claim is made, coverage applies until the claim is resolved.
There is no additional cost for these benefits. This is not a subscription service, you will not be billed for this and there is nothing for you to cancel. The benefit expires 30 days from the date of purchase.
How do I activate my benefits?
You will need to save the buySAFE Guarantee number, displayed on the order confirmation page of the merchant website immediately after your purchase. The Guarantee number is also included in the Certificate of Guarantee email sent to you following your purchase. Note, if you do not wish to receive the Certificate of Guarantee email, you may opt-out. You will need to register with buySAFE before reporting a problem or claiming any of the benefits.
- The Identity Theft Protection benefit is not activated automatically: You need to register with buySAFE within 30 days of your eligible purchase.
- The Purchase Guarantee is automatic. If you have a problem with your transaction within 30 days of your purchase, visit buySAFE to make a benefit claim.
- For Low Price Guarantee benefit claims, if within 30 days of the date of your purchase you see the exact same product advertised on the same buySAFE merchant's website at a lower published retail price, buySAFE will refund you the difference. Note: Items purchased through specific promotions, bundling arrangements, or coupons are not eligible for the Lowest Price Guarantee. See our terms for the full eligibility conditions.
The following terms apply to the buySAFE Guarantee benefits:
30 day Identity Theft Protection
1. Identity Theft Protection to US residents
30 day Identity Theft Protection terms:
Each time you receive a Bond or Guarantee from buySAFE, when purchasing from an online buySAFE Merchant, you automatically receive identity theft protection benefits for 30 days. You can receive this additional benefit only once in any 30 day period. U.S.-based shoppers only are eligible for these benefits. If you received a buySAFE Guarantee, you must be a registered buySAFE user to be eligible for this benefit and your buySAFE Guarantee must be fully valid.
Identity Theft Protection benefits:
LIVE RESTORATION SERVICES
If you become a victim of identity theft, you are assigned a dedicated ID Recovery Specialist who assists to restore your name and credit as quickly as possible.
- Secures a 3-in-1 credit report from the three national credit repositories (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion), performs continuous credit monitoring until an "all clear" is obtained
- Thoroughly manages the complex restoration process
- Helps prepare needed documents on your behalf, including FTC affidavits and dispute letters
- Acts on your behalf with creditors and relevant agencies
- Sends fraud alert notifications to all three national credit repositories, the Social Security Administration, FTC, US Postal Service, affected credit card companies, financial institutions, and more!
You have two options with the dedicated identity restoration resources.
Without additional cost, you can select the option that is best for you. The Enhanced Restoration Option requires that you sign a Limited Power of Attorney. If you prefer not to provide a Limited Power of Attorney, you are still entitled to the Basic Counseling Services that provide you with the information you will need to take action independently.
$10,000 FINANCIAL REIMBURSEMENT
Reimbursement up to $10,000. Financial reimbursements are made with no deductible. These expense reimbursement benefits provide for costs attributed to identity fraud, embezzlement, theft, data breach and stolen identity event or forgery, and cover expenses such as:
- Attorney fees incurred for defending suits brought by merchants and their collection agencies,
- Removing criminal or civil judgments
- Disputing information in a credit report
- Lost base wages (limited within 12 months after discovery of an identity fraud)
- Time off from work to handle the fraud, including wrongful incarceration
- Loan re-application fees when identity theft causes original loan applications to be rejected
- Notary and certified mailing charges for completing or delivering affidavits and related documents.
Financial Reimbursement is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, in Minnesota by American Security
Insurance Company pursuant to an identity fraud blanket or group policy issued to Consumer Assist Network Association, Inc.
American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, American Security Insurance Company and Consumer Assist Network Association, Inc.
are all Assurant Specialty Property companies.
During the 30 day eligibility period, you can activate this benefit at any time by accessing the
(You will be required to create a Shopping Guarantee account to claim this benefit).
2. Identity Theft Protection to non-US residents
buySAFE Identity Theft Protection Service
When you receive a buySAFE Guarantee, you are automatically eligible to utilize the buySAFE Identity Theft Protection Service “Service” for thirty (30) days from the date of purchase. These services can help you protect, prevent and restore your identity from theft.
The buySAFE Identity Theft Protection Service provides access to resources and assistance from dedicated ID theft specialists who will help you hire experts, lawyers, investigators, consultants, and other professional services to help recover your identity and guide you through the identity recovery process. In order for buySAFE to provide this Service, professional identity restoration services must be commercially available and comply with laws and regulations in your country of residence.
What is Identity Theft?
Identity theft is the theft of personal information, such as name, credit card number, bank account, social security number, or other method of identification which in turn is utilized for illegal activity. The most common illegal activities that identity thieves use stolen information for are: redirecting or opening a bank or credit card account, making unauthorized purchases, setting up services, securing loans, entering into a contract or committing a crime.
The buySAFE Identity Theft Protection Service provides you with services that you may need to protect and/or restore your identity and good name.
The buySAFE Identity Theft Protection Service will not be applicable for activities such as email spam, mailing address spam, or misuse of your personal information online (such as misrepresentation of your name, likeness, profile, or other information).
How to Utilize the Identity Protection Service
IMPORTANT: If you suspect your identity or personal information has been compromised, you must report it immediately to your local law enforcement agency and all potentially affected financial organizations.
At any time during the validity period of a buySAFE Guarantee (30 days from guarantee issuance), you can register or log in to the buySAFE Buyer Service Center to utilize the Service.
To use the Service:
- You must be the buyer of record of a valid buySAFE Guarantee issued during the last 30 days.
- ID Theft protection and prevention services, resources and contact information are available from the buySAFE Buyer Service Center. Simply follow the instructions to access our Identity Protection Resources Center.
- buySAFE may, at its sole discretion, choose to hire professional identity restoration services to aid you in the recovery of your identity. Professional identity restoration services must be commercially available in and comply with all laws and regulations in your country of residence.
- If you want to utilize buySAFE’s remediation services, you shall first make all reasonable efforts to mitigate any further problems: Notify your local law enforcement agency, alert your financial institutions, banks, credit card issuers, etc.
- You must provide suitable documentation showing that you have already notified your local law enforcement agency, and that the agency has officially recorded your complaint.
- buySAFE reserves the right to request any information, document and/or official records from you, local law enforcement agencies or financial institutions to verify that your identity has been compromised and that the Services requested are applicable.
Identity Protection and Identity Theft Prevention Services
buySAFE provides access to resources and services that help online buyers protect, prevent and restore their identity from theft.
- Comprehensive educative and preventive measures resources to online buyers.
- Dedicated identity protection assistance to answer your questions and concerns if you suspect your identity has been compromised or misused.
- Personalized assistance to walk you through the various steps needed to contact the necessary government, financial, and non-financial organizations to check if your identity has been compromised and, if appropriate, help you limit the consequences of identity misuse.
Restoration / Recovery Services
Restoration, recovery or remediation services are handled by professionals that help you throughout the identity recovery process and provide legal, administrative and support services. This may include:
- Investigators, case managers and other third-party business providers that help you restore your good name and identity, recover your financial losses due to a stolen identity event, act on your behalf with creditors and financial institutions, and help prepare needed documents on your behalf.
- Lawyers and other third party legal professionals, to represent you or your legal representative in case of a stolen identity, including the defense of a suit brought against you, the removal of any civil judgment wrongfully entered against you, legal assistance at an audit or hearing conducted by a governmental agency, legal assistance in challenging the accuracy of your consumer credit report, and the defense of any criminal charges brought against you arising from the actions of a third party using your personal identity.
Service Conditions and Limitations
- buySAFE reserves the right to request any information, document and official records from you, local law enforcement agencies or financial institutions to determine if a professional identity restoration service is commercially available in your country of residence.
- In the course of the Service provided, you must at all times provide all assistance and cooperation required in the investigation, determination and remediation services provided to you. Failure to provide assistance will result in forfeiture of your rights to use the Service provided.
- Service will not be provided, or will stop, if you willingly participated in, or directed dishonest, criminal, malicious or fraudulent acts in relation with your claim.
- Service will not be provided if you fail to provide appropriate documentation, official records or any other supporting materials that we deem required to provide the Service.
- Total value of the Service provided has a lifetime limit of US $10,000. (Or the corresponding (exchange-rate adjusted) amount in the currency of the country where restoration services are performed).
- buySAFE reserves the right to bill hours against the lifetime total value limit.
- buySAFE reserves the right to refuse Service requests it deems inappropriate or excessive in order to restore your identity.
- buySAFE reserves the right to select any identity restoration service providers it chooses to employ.
- The Identity Theft Protection Service is limited to identity restoration and remediation services and excludes any other services you may require resulting from a stolen identity event.
- The Identity Theft Protection Service provided by buySAFE is NOT insurance of any kind and does NOT include financial reimbursement or indemnity payments for losses incurred by you in connection with your stolen identity.
You understand and acknowledge that there are many variables impacting the Service as described herein and that buySAFE provides no guarantee or representation that the Service will achieve any desired result – e.g., identity protection, identity theft prevention, and/or identity restoration and/or recovery. There is a risk that the Service will not achieve the desired result, and by using the Service, you agree to assume this risk. In no event shall buySAFE or its affiliates, employees, agents, etc. be liable for any claims, losses, fines, penalties, or damages whatsoever (including but not limited to punitive, special, direct, indirect, exemplary or consequential damages, or loss of use, data or profits) without regard to the form of any action, including but not limited to contract and tort actions (including libel), arising out of or in connection with the use of the Service as described herein.
The Purchase Guarantee ensures that if the merchant does not perform according to its terms of sale, and you (the buyer) Report a Problem Transaction at www.buysafe.com within 30 days from the date of purchase, and, after exhausting the Dispute Resolution Process via Report a Problem Transaction, there is no resolution, then buySAFE or buySAFE Claim Services, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of buySAFE, ("BCS") will, in its discretion, make a determination as to whether the terms of sale were fulfilled. If the claim is resolved in your (the buyer's) favor, buySAFE will reimburse you (the customer) the amount of the direct loss, not to exceed $1,000.
The following terms apply to the $1,000 Purchase Guarantee:
- The terms of sale, as stated on the merchant's website, are guaranteed for the full value of your purchase and up to a maximum of $1,000.
- You must be the buyer in this transaction.
- You must complete the Report a Problem Transaction form within 30 days of the close of your buySAFE Guaranteed transaction to initiate online dispute resolution. You may be asked to register with buySAFE in order to Report a Problem Transaction. The Purchase Guarantee is null and void for any problem transactions reported after 30 days from your date of purchase. All Reported Problems must be made in English.
- Your acceptance of the item(s) purchased terminates the Purchase Guarantee, unless defect was not discoverable or know at the time of acceptance, but in no circumstances will the Purchase Guarantee extend beyond 30 days from the purchase date.
- You have no rights under this Purchase Guarantee if:
- The merchant who is party to your transaction, satisfies the terms of sale of your purchase;
- The merchant who is party to your transaction, indemnifies and holds you harmless for an amount equal to or greater than the amount of the Purchase Guarantee, from all direct cost and damage incurred by reason of merchant's failure to satisfy the terms of sale;
- You have not met the terms of the transaction contract, including making full payment; or
- Your purchase of the item must not violate any and all applicable governing laws and regulations.
- The Purchase Guarantee will not respond, under any circumstances, for any damages related to any of the following:
- Damages in excess of the purchase price;
- Express, implied or statutory product warranties or product guarantees of any kind, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose;
- Special, incidental or consequential damages including punitive damages; and
- Diminution in value of the item.
- Any litigation related to the Purchase Guarantee provided must be commenced within one year from the purchase date, except where the applicable period of limitation required by law is longer, then such period shall be the shortest allowable by law.
buySAFE reserves the right to require more information from you and/or the merchant to authenticate and process your purchase guarantee claim.
Low Price Guarantee
What is the buySAFE Lowest Price Guarantee?
If within 30 days of the date you purchase a product guaranteed by buySAFE, you see the exact same product advertised on the same buySAFE merchant's website at a lower published retail price, buySAFE will refund you the difference. It's that simple!
To get paid for the published retail price difference, send your buySAFE guarantee number, your order confirmation email and a proof of the lower price advertised on the website, and buySAFE will send you a check for the price difference (See more details for claim process below). Some terms and conditions apply, see below.
NOTE: This benefit may not be available from all stores. Refer to the store’s website and click on the buySAFE Seal or check your guarantee confirmation to verify the Lowest Price Guarantee benefit details and availability.
Each time you receive a guarantee from buySAFE, when purchasing from a buySAFE GUARANTEED merchant, you automatically receive the Low Price Guarantee benefits for 30 days. You must keep your guarantee number (displayed in the order confirmation page of the merchant website, immediately after your purchase).
During the 30 day eligibility period, you can claim a Low Price Guarantee benefit at any time if the price of a buySAFE Guaranteed item has dropped.
The buySAFE Guarantee must be valid and you must be a registered buySAFE user (Click here to register with buySAFE).
To activate a Low Price Guarantee, you will need to submit a claim to buySAFE. A claim must include the following:
- Proof of guarantee:
- Your buySAFE guarantee number and your email address used during the transaction. The buySAFE guarantee number is provided to you on the order confirmation page. You can also access your existing guaranteed purchase when you login to your buySAFE account (you will need to register with buySAFE first).
- Details about the transaction:
- Website where purchase was made, date of purchase, amount, description of your purchase and item SKU (This information is typically included in the purchase confirmation email you received from the merchant).
- Proof of lower price:
- We recommend you send us a screenshot and the URL of the same item you purchased, showing the new price (We do not accept printed materials, or emails as proof of lower price).
All claims must be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our staff will verify your claim within 2 working days. We reserve the right to contact you and the merchant in order to get more information.
LOW PRICE GUARANTEE - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- a. Buyer must meet eligibility requirements: Each time the buyer receives a guarantee from buySAFE when purchasing from a buySAFE GUARANTEED merchant, buyer automatically receives the Low Price Guarantee benefits for 30 days (NOTE: This benefit may not be available from all stores. Refer to the store’s website and click on the buySAFE Seal or check your guarantee confirmation to verify the Lowest Price Guarantee benefit details and availability). The buyer must keep the guarantee number displayed in the order confirmation page of the merchant website. During the 30 day eligibility period, you can claim a Low Price Guarantee benefit at any time if the price of the exact same item you purchased is displayed on the merchant website you purchased your item has dropped. The buySAFE Guarantee must be valid and you must be a registered buySAFE user (Click here to register with buySAFE).
- b. Customer must make a claim following the instructions above in "CLAIM". buySAFE will review such claim for completeness and legitimacy, and, if approved, will make payment directly to customer.
- c. buySAFE Low Price Guarantee, when included with the buySAFE Guarantee you receive, is available only as follows:
- i. for a claim greater than $5, up to $100 per transaction and up to a maximum of $200 per claimant in any twelve-month period;
- ii. only the purchaser of the original item, to whom the buySAFE GUARANTEED certificate of guarantee was provided at the time of sale, may submit a claim;
- iii. Claimant must register with buySAFE in order to submit a claim;
- iv. the claim must be filed within 30 days of the original date of purchase;
- v. The price reduction that is the subject of the claim must pertain to the same item SKU (including same color and size) being offered for sale on the same merchant's website, on the same merchant terms and conditions.
- vi. The Price Guarantee will not apply to any item purchased for which a volume discount, a coupon, a bundling arrangement (eg: two-for-one), a customer rebate, an inventory liquidation, "Closeout Sale", "going out of business", "free offer", "CyberMonday", "Deal of the Day" promotion or other similar special promotional pricing mechanism is applied to the original purchase.
- vii. Shipping, handling, taxes, surcharges, and any other similar fees will be excluded from determination of any claim;
- viii. No claims may arise from a currency fluctuation; all claims will be reviewed in US dollar terms as priced on the merchant website.
- ix. Price Guarantee will not apply to partial, incomplete or cancelled orders, or to any order that is otherwise disputed by either party.
- x. Items not eligible for a Price Guarantee are: one-of-a kind items (including antiques, artwork, rare coins and furs); limited edition items; going-out-of-business sale items; services and additional costs (such as installation charges, warranties, shipping, or memberships); used, altered, rebuilt and refurbished items; custom-built items; land and buildings; negotiable instruments (such as promissory notes, stamps and travelers checks); items provided under a leasing arrangement, cash and its equivalent. Normally, items that do not have a standard SKU will not be eligible for Price Guarantee.
- xi. For ticket purchases, such as sporting events, shows, concerts, etc., the price reduction subject to claim must be for the same; date and time, show, venue, quantity of tickets and section. Seats must be in the same section and in the same row or lower.
- xii. buySAFE or BCS will be the final arbiter of all claims under the Lowest Price Guarantee, and all claim determinations will be final.
If you have any questions, please refer to our FAQs or e-mail us
directly at email@example.com.
Revised October 21, 2013